Friday, August 29, 2008

Normally, my position is to keep work separate from politics and religion and all the other hot debates.  However, I just can't this time.  I won't go into the details of my political beliefs... I'll spare you.  I do want to give a little nod of recognition to the badge I've added to my blog for Crafters for Obama, a campaign set-up by julie ree.  Her goal is to raise $2000 from crafters like me and many of you to help Barack Obama in his campaign to become President of the United States.  
I was incredibly moved by several of the speeches and the historical significance of the DNC this week and feel compelled to do something.  I don't have much money to give, but I do have a voice and a venue.  Even if you do not agree with my choice for president, I implore you to educate yourself about the candidates and get out and vote!  It's easy to become cynical about politics, I know, but we can not let cynicism take over... we must be involved and have faith in our country.
If you would like to view or read Obama's historic acceptance speech, the link is right here.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I agree whole heartedly, educate yourselves and vote, it's an historical election.

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

Right on!
I too try to stay mum--it's uncouth for a teacher to spout her own views. But this is a venue where I can sing Obama's praises! I fear for a future without him as our leader.