Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting ready for school?!?!?!


I am just in shock that in two weeks Taylor will be starting pre-k.  She's never been in any kind of daycare or mother's day out; it's always just been the two of us hanging out together. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous... for me.  No, not so much for her.  She's a little social butterfly that's wanted to be in school ever since she learned that there was such a place.  I'm really excited for her.  I'm not gonna know what to do with myself without her around her all day.
All nerves and excitement aside, though, we have to get this gal ready. When she heard she needed a blanket and pillow for nap-time she asked if I'd make her something (sweet girl).  So, I let her browse fabric on etsy till she found this great butterfly print by Alexander Henry from bellasarababy.  I'm thinking a simple flannel backed blanket, maybe tied, will do the trick.  Of course, I'll post a pic or two when it's done :)
And, while we were in her shop we had to browse the clothes and Taylor picked out the cutest skirt ever!  The fabric and skirt came in the mail today and she had to put it on right away!  I didn't get to look at it long, but the quality looks great.  It's a good thing; once she falls in love with an outfit it's hard to get her out of it!

2 comments:

idyll hands said...

A nap time blanket and pillow? I wish adults had to have these for their day jobs.

Denise Felton said...

Precious girl! How can it be school time already? Wasn't she just born the other day?