Monday, July 7, 2008

Diving back in

After much whining about it this morning, I dove right back into my sewing.  I really wasn't ready for the vacation to be over (it was fabulous, btw), but after I got my belly-aching over with I had pretty darn productive day.  

When I really need to sew a lot of stuff, I dedicate one day to cutting and prepping.  So, today was that day.  Now I have all ready to sew: 4 jewelry rolls (for a bride), 2 bicycle seat bags, and 4 top tube totes to match.  That bit of red and pink striped fabric is some super duper cheap knit that I picked up today at Hancocks.  I've been thinking about trying to make something fun with knits, and at like a dollar a yard, I couldn't pass that up.  I'm thinking of this really cute sleep set from BurdaStyle.  I just love that site!  I haven't tried making any of their projects yet, but I love seeing everyone else's projects.  I really do think I'll try this one.  
Oh, and more great crafty news... my application for the licensing program at Sublime Stitching was accepted!!!  Yay!  Once I get my shop all caught back up, guess what's next?  Keep your eyes peeled!  
I'm gonna leave you tonight with one more beach photo... this is one of my very favorites.

3 comments:

idyll hands said...

Precious photo! I could sit on that beach for ever.

Denise Felton said...

Whoa! You are rockin and rollin! I do the same thing--cut everything at once. It's the part I hate, so I just get it all over with and then I can sew, sew, sew.

Look at little Miss Pretty! So precious.

Junque Rethunque said...

Welcome home girlie!

I'm on the other end of vacation - planning and preparing...

LOVE the photo! Here's one of my faves of our Destin stop a couple of years ago: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricknlaurie/184145388/in/set-72157594189514752/