Friday, January 9, 2009

So Not a Crafty Post


Today's a big day. Today, I founded the Northeast Arkansas Bicycle Coalition (or NEABC for short). It's an advocacy group that is dedicated to raising cycling awareness and making Northeast Arkansas a great, safe place to ride a bike. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but one thing after another has come up forcing me to put it off... stomach flu, then holidays, yadayada. But, today it was born - in sort of the unofficial official sense. I created an official Facebook page for it, contacted a few key people (there are real live members!), and will be setting the date and time for our first meeting of the minds. There are many many many details to work out, but the important thing is that they are being worked on and not a moment too soon as there are some really exciting cycling related projects in the works in this area that really need some community support. Like I said, this is so not a crafty post, but man I'm excited.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

That is so exciting! Luckily Oregon is pretty bike friendly, we have lots of fantastic bike trails.
Best of luck!